Monday 18 May 2015

First Firing


First Firing


The second week at the “Buckley Pottery” was an interesting week for me. I did many things, from making dragon plaques; to digging clay here in Buckley and using as a slip as the potters here did many years ago. 


I researched some of the pots and methods associated with Buckley. Some of the designs surprised me, as these being very forward for their time. In the marble slipware as shown.


Later on in the week I thought I had made a deal for a new kiln however it wasn't to be?
I got gazumped at the final hurdle. Still just wasn't meant to be. However, I did do a firing with my smaller kiln with some of my old work I had glazed before leaving Preston. This week I hope to do the first firing of the Buckley pottery! Could this really be the first firing in Buckley since 1946? I doubt it? However, its an history moment for my pottery. “The Buckley Pottery”

No comments:

Post a Comment