Monday 11 May 2015

The First Week


Week 1 The Buckley Pottery
The first week at the Buckley Pottery, was a bit stop start. I managed o get a few things made, concentrating more on garden ware at the moment, as I have been trying to use up lots of odds and ends of clay.


I’ve been making green men, gargoyle and sun plaques. I have dug some of the local clay and will use this as a slip on the clay I’ve been using. The clay has an ochre colour, of which I’m very excited about using.



I’ve been looking at old Buckley, slipware designs and might incorporate them into some more contemporary work, as well as other influences.  I am looking forward to making some pots once again, and will be firing some of my old works on Wednesday. This might be the first time a kiln has been fired in Buckley for many years  Alfie kept me company most of the week, even though he looked very fed up at times looking out at the poring rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment